Modern home security options are getting more advanced by the day. Even so, you may still fail to complete simple security duties like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to remember doing these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in Plano, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Plano For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your property, which you are able to arrange in your smartphone app. The technology then uses your mobile device to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices take advantage of to share information with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You can set up a unique boundary on all sides of your house and designate what actions you want to take place when you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, shortly after you exit your premises, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Below are some of the technologies you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your property’s security system in Plano. With the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you can:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart components to operate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to lower to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your security camera detects abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in unison. Make your lighting turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and HVAC settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Plano
Whether you seek extra peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (972) 357-1049 or send in the form on this page to start designing your optimal security system.